ArTeC is a university research school (EUR) dedicated to research-creation, covering all disciplinary fields related to the arts, humanities, social sciences, and technology.
It is oriented in three different directions:
- Creation as a research activity
- New modes of writing and publishing
- Technology and human mediation
This program includes
- A graduate school (from the master’s degree to the doctorate, with an intermediate diploma, the DIU ArTeC+),
- A funding system, through 6 annual calls for applications, for projects that combine research and creation,
- Publishing (2 imprints at Presses du Réel and a bilingual online journal, Hybrid, with Presses Universitaires de Vincennes).
ArTeC aims to
- Promote experimentation and analysis of different forms of connection between research and creation.
- Encourage interdisciplinary approaches, collaborations between researchers and artists, and dialogue between universities, cultural institutions and art schools.
- Rejuvenate research, teaching and creation practices.
- Explore new modalities of publication and mediation of knowledge.
- Question the possible roles of art in the response to societal challenges.
ArTeC, then, is an ecosystem comprising a large community of students, researchers, artists and cultural professionals. Located in the universities of Paris-Nanterre and Paris-8, it also brings together a whole group of partners in the way of cultural institutions and art schools